Last updated: 21st May 2021
I. For User, Registered User, or Private Advertiser that uses our Website
Renovita is the data controller for processing the personal data you provide us with via the Website and its relative subdomains to provide to you our services.
At the time you request a service, you register in our Website, this becomes a contractual relationship to be able to process your personal data.
We may also send you informational messages when you have accepted them.
If you have authorized the assignment of your data or you have requested us for a service rendered by other providers, the latter may need to have access to your data in order to be able to render the service.
You can, at any time, access, rectify, or cancel your data, as well as exercise other rights, as explained below.
II. For Professional Advertiser or company or representative thereof that uses our Website or our tools for professionals
Renovita is the data controller for processing the personal data you provide. We will process them in order to be able to render the services you request.
Your data may be shared with Renovita’s service providers that must access them in order to render the service.
You can, at any time, access, rectify or cancel your data, as well as exercise other rights, as explained below.
You should know:
Data controller: who is the data controller for processing your data?
Renovita, a non-profit organization (hereinafter, “Renovita“) is the data controller for the processing of personal data sent through our website and subdomains (hereinafter, the “Website”).
We provide information in the following sections about the rights you hold as well as how we use your personal data, whether you use our Website to search for information about properties (hereinafter referred to as the “User” or “Registered User”) or if you post a property as an individual (hereinafter referred to as the “Private Advertiser”) or as a representative of a Professional Advertiser (hereinafter referred to as the “Professional Advertiser”) by virtue of the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”).
2. Purpose of the processing: what can we do with your data?
2.a) We manage your personal data to render the services you have requested through the Website. The list of services includes the following:
- Signing-up as a user;
- Saving and managing your searches for properties;
- Contacting agents, sellers, or service providers;
- Publication of listings on the website www.renovita.net
- Contact form;
- Property export service;
- Sending information about similar properties that may interest you
2.b) In the case of a claim or query, we will process your data to manage them.
2.c) If you are a User or a Private Advertiser, we may send you informational messages, if you have accepted them, for the following purposes:
- To send you information about properties, news and other promotional messages related to Renovita
- To invite you to participate in satisfaction surveys.
2.d) If you are a User or Registered User, a profile may be created that will include information about the searches you have launched, the properties you have saved or the contacts you have made with advertisers for the purpose of showing you similar properties through messages that could be of interest to you.
2.e) If you are a representative or contact person of a Professional Advertiser, we manage your personal data to keep in contact and develop the relationship. Moreover, we may send you messages for the following purposes:
- To send you information about properties, news and other promotional messages related to Renovita
- To invite you to participate in satisfaction surveys and market research.
3. Legal basis: why can we process them?
The legal basis that allows us to process your data for each of the purposes specified in section 2 above are:
3.a) Contractual relationship: applicable when you request one of our services specified in paragraph 2.a) above, even if such services are free of charge.
3.b) Legitimate interest: to handle the queries and claims you send us (paragraph 2.b). If you are a representative or contact person of a Professional Advertiser, we have a legitimate interest to remain in contact with the company to which we render services and that you represent.
3.c) Your consent:
- If you are a Registered User or a Private Advertiser, by checking the box included in the sign-up form or in the drop-down menu in the section “Your subscriptions”, you have authorized us to send you the messages referred to in section 2 c) above;
- If you are a representative or contact person of a Professional Advertiser, by checking the box included in the contact form or when contracting any of our services, you have authorized us to send you the messages referred to in section 2 e) above.
4. Recipients: To whom can we disclose your data?
We will be able to disclose your data to third parties in the following situations:
In relation to paragraph 2.a above (services requested)
- To the advertisers that you have contacted to handle your request.
- Courts or Tribunals or Public Authorities to fulfill any legal requirement.
For the remaining purposes:
Your data will not be disclosed to third parties unless we need to fulfill any legal requirement.
Renovita’s data processors may access your personal data, in other words, Renovita’s service providers that must access your data in order to perform their duties, including technology service providers, documentation tools and support tools in order to assess the functioning of the Website and the use of certain functions by the users.
You can request further information about the use of your data by sending an email to email@example.com.
5. International data transfers: where can we send them?
We will not transfer your personal data internationally for any of the purposes listed above.
6. Period for storing your data: how long will we process them?
Depending on each processing purpose, the period for storing your data may be:
- During the whole contractual relationship, in other words while you are using our services or while we or the supplier is handling your requests (applicable to paragraphs 2.a above).
- Until the query or claim has been settled (paragraph 2.b)
- Until you revoke your consent (paragraph 2.c and 2.e)
- If you are a representative or contact person of a Professional Advertiser, during the contractual relationship with the company you represent or until you notify us that you are no longer its contact person (paragraph 2.e).
- Until you request its cancellation (applies to all purposes under section 2).
- For a period of 5 years from the date of registration.
In addition, we hereby inform you that your data will remain blocked after the end of the processing for which they are intended and during the time-barring (prescription) periods of obligations for each purpose stated in section 2.
If you are a Private Advertiser, we hereby inform you that if you request to delete your Renovita account, we will keep your telephone number in a blocked state from the deactivation date of the last of your listings up to the legal time-barring period (6 years). During this period, we retain the right to carry out security checks to ensure the correct working of our services.
7. Required updated information
There are fields in the forms that are for mandatory completion, without which we will be unable to render you the services you request. When you click on the “Ok” button (or equivalent) included in the aforementioned forms, you state that the information and the data that you provide are correct and true.
In order for the information provided to always be up to date and so that it does not contain any errors, please remember to inform us as soon as possible of any changes and rectifications of your personal data that occur by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also update your telephone number and email address through your personal profile area on the Website.
8. Rights of data subjects
We hereby inform you that you can exercise the following rights:
- The right to access your personal data to know which ones are subject to processing and the data processing operations carried out with them;
- The right to rectify any inaccurate personal data;
- The right to cancel your personal data, whenever this is possible (for example, by a legal order);
- The right to request the restriction of your personal data processing when the accuracy, legality or need for the data processing is in doubt, in such case, we can keep them to file or defend any claims.
- The right to oppose processing of your personal data, when the legal basis that authorizes us to process them in our legitimate interest allows this. Renovita will stop processing your data unless it has a legitimate interest or it is necessary to defend claims.
- The right to the portability of your data, when the legal basis that authorizes us to process them is the existence of a contractual relationship or your consent has been granted.
- The right to revoke the consent granted to Renovita.
You can exercise your rights at any time free of charge in the following ways:
- From the personal profile area on the Website, you can unsubscribe to the informational messages previously accepted. Through this section you can select and customize the kind of messages you wish to receive from Renovita.
- If you are unable to access the Website, you can send an email to email@example.com specifying the right that you wish to exercise and your identifying data.
9. Confidentiality and security
At Renovita, we make all reasonable efforts to keep the personal information confidential that is processed through the Website and if need be, other Renovita tools. We will apply security levels to protect the personal data we process to avoid accidental loss and unauthorized access, processing or disclosure, bearing in mind the state of the art, the nature and risks to which the data are exposed. However, we cannot be held responsible for your use of the data (including the username and password) at Renovita that is not through our tools or Website.
10. Additional information about certain functions of the website
Registering a username and password
When signing up on the Website, you must specify a username and password that will allow you to start a session at any time as a “Registered User” and therefore manage your relationship with Renovita. The password can be changed at any time from your personal profile area.
It is important that you store and keep the password secret at all times and that you do not provide it to any third parties. It is advisable not to use the same password for all your personal accounts so that, if any third party accesses them without your consent, such person will not be able to access the different accounts that you have on different websites.
Passively collected information
When rendering our services we will use software and/or services of third parties to passively, without your knowledge, collect data, while you are browsing or interacting with the content of our website, as well as information about the device you use.
The sole purpose of passively collecting this information is to learn more about how you use and interact with the Website to improve your experience while using our services and detect possible errors in the implementation of our Website. The information collected will include the following, among others:
- The IP address of your device;
- The screen size and resolution of the device you use;
- Type of device (unique device identifier) and information about the browser;
- Geographic location;
- Preferred language used on our website;
- Web pages visited;
- Date and time of the visits to the websites;
For more information on passively collected information, please review our Cookies policy.